Name: Emma Coffey
Job Title: Head of Sales
Organisation: Goldsmith Williams
- Any big plans from Goldsmith Williams in the next year?
2017 will be the most exciting year yet at Goldsmith Williams and I’m not exaggerating – our biggest announcement will be made in the coming weeks. What I can say is watch this space…
- Who is the person you think has had the greatest impact on the mortgage industry during your career, and why?
Stephen Knight, he invented packaging through the creation of Private Label which was the forerunner and base model for every signal packager / distributor operating in the UK today. Prior to that he invented the interest only mortgage while at New Cross Building Society and his influence in the creation of the sub-prime market with Kensington & subsequent reverse takeover of GMAC shaped the industry in which we are in today
- Who’s the person that’s had the greatest influence on your career, and why?
It would have to be Eddie Goldsmith who from a conveyancing fee earner believed in me to represent his company as a BDM back in 2004.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given and by who?
Robyn Hall from Mortgage Introducer advised me to return a call from Peter Gwilliam in July 2016 and I ended up back at Goldsmith Williams. Top marks Hall!
- Which of the mortgage trade papers do you read?
I tend to read most of them online – Mortgage Introducer / Solutions / Financial Reporter and Strategy. In print Introducer leads the way – in depth articles and a real coffee table read.
- Salt & vinegar or Ready salted? Salt & Vinegar
- Saint or Sinner? Saint
- Madonna or Ga-Ga? Ga-Ga
- Countryside or Seaside? Seaside
- Bake Off or X Factor? Neither!! Friends on repeat